"Every foray into the abstract realm requires a fun tactical gambit. How much reality should I omit, what can stay? Can an isocline mean one thing vertical and another when run horizontally? If the shape of a sail, normally depicted white, is filled with shadow, does the anomaly jar or intrigue? And finally, there is the most important question: is it convincing? Can I step into it and fly, or sail, away? You decide; after all, the horizon is a hands breadth at most.
Hey, I thought abstracts were flat, hmmm?"
Size: 24" x 30"
Materials: Oil on Linen
My search has been one of seeking the 'elegance of simplicity'. Of late, I have made several significant strides towards that goal.
First is the principle of color economy based on a personal theory of tones and chromatic scale that I have been mulling over for two decades.
Philip Mix was born in Edmonton Alberta in 1955. He received his Bachelor of Arts in painting from the Alberta College of Art, Calgary in1980. His paintings have shown in several Canadian galleries and abroad including London, Israel and Cyprus.
Read full artist bio: (Click Here)
• Flat or round - we ship world wide!
• Once payment is received, you will receive a tracking number and estimated date of delivery.
Our free photo-shop services help you see your favorite art works in your setting.
Send us a photo of the preferred location, and we'll work our photo editing magic.
• Payment Methods: Bank transfers, all major credit cards, e-transfers, cheques
• Interest free payments available upon request.
• International clients will be quoted in US dollars.
• When you click "Put on Hold" this piece is reserved for you with no charge to your credit card.
• We will contact you by phone to confirm final costs and answer any questions. 😁
• Upon completion of the transaction your art will be sent the next business day.